[Dailydrool] I Don't Do Early!

Richlyn Roach snipesgulch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 09:47:02 PST 2018

Happily, none of our furiends (only one Basset) are early risers, so given the option, Hubby and I usually aren’t up pre-dawn.   This week we had an early appointment and an hour drive to get there, so I had to roust everyone out for a trip outside before we left.   The only one who seemed to have a problem with this break in the routine was---yep, THE BASSET.   Repeated whistles and calls didn’t bring any response, so I went back into the bedroom and she wouldn’t raise her head, nor open her eyes.    I finally got her moving and as we neared the door to go out, she detoured around a recliner and fell over on an area rug.    Finally I herded her out the door onto the patio.   She crossed it, dropped off into the grass already in a squat, did her business and was back in the door before I even registered that she was done.   She turned and headed right back to the bedroom but when she looked back and saw me watching her, she went behind the sofa and hid from me.  She may be the original  “I Don’t Do Mornings” character.
  Gotta Love “Em .    They keep us smiling

Sent from Mail for Windows 10