[Dailydrool] nicknames

Christine Merriman cmerriman9297 at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 5 19:11:51 PST 2018

I have been reading, lurking, and very rarely writing since we had Bone-Idle Onslow ATB and the first of our CBHR guys:  Louie ATB, Basil ATB, Drake ATB, Daisylu, Rose, and a recent arrival bassador Lilly.  Lotta dogs, lotta years.  They all have many alliterative nicknames, but the real toe-tappers are the songs, which I think they each recognize as their personal love song, from "Louee, Louee," and "Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer true" (with its rather scary mental picture of us balanced on that bicycle built for two,) to "Second-hand Rose," and "Hi Lilly, Hi Lilly, Hi Low..." The best, since we knew of no Onslow song, was written by my husband, David (now OTB with his houndies,) to the tune of "St. Louis Blues:" "Onzie and Louie were buddies..."I like to think that our only howler, Rose, is singing her song back to us!  Christine Merriman