[Dailydrool] Millie

VIRGINIA OLIVEIRA duda.tuppence at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 18 13:45:16 PST 2018

Hi Everyone,

I would be scared stiff if one of my hounds did what Millie did - unless she momentaniously didn't feel well enough to walk ( sciatic pain maybe?).
Violeta, when she noticed we were getting ready to leave, if she suspected that she wouldn't go with us, she would lie down in the middle of the backyard, 4 paws up, and would seem more paralyzed than I ever was!
One day, my parents were visiting from Brazil and Violeta loved them (like everybody else). I received a call at work:
"We are trying to bring Violeta inside but she doesn't move". My girl hated to be left alone, and the guilt I have been dragging after she passed is huge.
I waste so much time out and she alone. It kills me just to think we could have had so much more time together. How so many dogs manage alone?
After I rescued Xaxa, then Violeta still complained but seemed to suffer way less. Specially when a loaf of bread or frozen chicken breast on the counter, magically disappeared. She knew how to get what she wanted.
My next dogs will be all working dogs - emotional support, wheelchair helper -  so, by law, they are to be allowed and can go with me everywhere. ( I use a wheelchair and just recovered from depression)

One day I spoke to a dear drooler who said she and her basset girl never got separated from each other   until she passed rather suddenly.
My next one will be this way. I cannot cary any more guilt on this raw shoulder.
How do you guys leave your babies at home, without a workload of guilt?
Sending first class, fresh Sardine Healing Drool to all bassets and slaves who need it.

Virginia ( mom of Xaxa and Violeta, both in heaven, now with their grampa having fun together )

Miriam Virginia Oliveira (Duda )
duda.tuppence at shaw.ca