[Dailydrool] Lumps

Kara Carpenter frknhippie at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 19 05:05:21 PST 2018

We just recently had a big lump pop up on Fitz, who will be 12 this summer.  The vet simply took a needle to get some cells to look at under the microscope (sorry I can't remember the technical term he used!) but it was quick and painless and I don't even think he charged for it.  Turns out it was just a lipoma (fatty cyst) which are very common and don't generally cause trouble unless they are in a bad location.  So you  may just want to ask your vet, a "biopsy" might not be as big of a deal as you think it might be.  Personally I'd rather know than not know...but as you say, if it isn't bothering him you could just keep an eye on it.