[Dailydrool] Bugsey and Beauford Update

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 04:40:37 PST 2018

The vet called yesterday to say that Bugsey's ANA results are sky high. So
he definitely has an autoimmune disorder. This means he will have to go on
prednisone and be monitored. They could do muscle biopsies and nerve
biopsies and give it a more definitive name, but it won't change the course
of treatment. Like an idiot I got on the Internet and did some reading.
According to them it is SLE which is systemic lupus and it has a guarded to
poor outcome. He offered to send us to Auburn University and I thought that
was a good idea, but DH said he would rather see if the pred works and if
it doesn't go to Auburn. That makes sense I guess.  So I will be calling
the vet and asking a ton of questions and starting Bugsey on pred. Has
anyone else been through this? Any thoughts or advise?

Beauford's allergy test results are back and only one mold is high enough
to warrant shots and the vet doesn't think it is high enough to warrant
shots on its own. His food allergies HAVE changed and that is our problem.
Now the dogs will all be eating different foods. Oh well.

We are sending tons of healing drool to all in need, especially Daisy,
Edgar and Gracie.

Beauford, Bugsey, Browyn the Fairy Princess and the Mom, Jennifer