[Dailydrool] Dailydrool Digest

mom2jaxson mom2jaxson at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 29 18:14:22 PST 2018

I've been a member of the Dailydrool for 20 years.  I don't post because I haven't owned a Basset in a decade.  Despite that fact, I still consider the members of this list as family.  I can't imagine my inbox being devoid of a digest.
I love the Howliday Card exchange.  I remember when the full list was 300 +.  I love the Secret Pawtner exchange.
The most memorable thing to me about the Dailydrool is how much they helped me.  I was part of the devastating Colorado floods of 2013.  We were removed from our homes and had no idea what we were going to do, where we could live,  how we could get around without cars.  I never reached out to anyone from the Drool, but they knew of my situation.  The first person to send me money was a drooler.  It was the largest sum of money by one person we received.  Attached to the check was a note, simply stating when I got back on my feet to pass on the gesture - I have passed it on.  After that, other droolers joined together and collected money for us.  We were so grateful.  It helped more than words could express.
I would hate to see the Drool die.  I realize that members like me are probably the cause of it's demise.  As a non-Basset Hound owner, I don't feel I can post, but I'm always able to offer suggestions to other people who are new to the experience of being owned by a Basset.
Losing the Drool would be like getting a divorce from someone that you are still in love with.
A big thank you to the moderators and everyone behind the scenes that make everything happen for us.
Karen MuchmoreHunter, Aki, Jax (ATB)
null