[Dailydrool] Overnight

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 30 08:15:51 PST 2018

Hi it’s dale
Gracie recently had her anal glands removed after 6 months of recurring infections and infusions and cultures we reached the point where nothing was helping and the vet was afraid she would go septic and die of something completely treatable. She also believes Gracie is about 13 and didn’t want to do the surgery so she sent me to a specialty vet for a second opinion/pre op evaluation.
The specialty vet took excellent care of Gracie, who is now completely fine. They did insist that Gracie have her own anesthesiologist for the 2.5 hour surgery. They also insisted she stay overnight afterwards until she had a bowel movement and felt she was functioning.  The hospital is staffed 24 hours and has an ER
It all cost a fortune but they took great care of her, she came out of the back wagging and happy and she healed up fine.
I think you have to go with your gut, get several opinions and also do what you can afford.
Good luckDaleWith Snoopy, OEBE curator of missing objectsAnd Gracie the dickensBoth around 13 years old....oh my dog when did that happen.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone