[Dailydrool] Going For A Drag

mom2jaxson mom2jaxson at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 30 08:14:08 PST 2018

Essie, I have to tease you a little bit.  Any dog despite its size or breed can walk nicely on the end of a leash.  It's called training.  Having said that neither of my two Bassets were trained.  I was young and didn't know better.
When we lost Samantha, I switched to a less stubborn breed.  I got a Labrador.  I spent eight years working and training Jax, until he died, way to early.
Hunter, also a Labrador, is five months old already and due to health issues, we were a little slow out of the gate on training.  However, he is moving along quite nicely now and I am comfortable in most situations to have him off leash.  His recall is 100 percent.  We also do plenty of leashed walks as it is important he walks calmly at my side.  Colorado is very dog friendly so Hunter goes with me everywhere.
Happiness is a well-trained dog.
Karen
null