[Dailydrool] Stomatitis

Nancy Schaefer jonquil4 at charter.net
Thu Jan 18 17:51:54 PST 2018

Julie, I'm so sorry that Guinness has stomatitis!  One of my cats had it
when I adopted her; she was in tremendous pain and could not eat.  Removing
all teeth behind her canines eliminated all her symptoms.  I also put her on
a dietary kelp supplement called PlaqueOff that helps prevent plaque from
forming in the animal's mouth.  It keeps her remaining teeth very clean.  I
also tried giving it to my hound to keep his teeth clean (it's recommended
for cats and dogs), but it made my basset quite sick (general malaise,
clearly felt miserable), so I stopped giving it to him.  If you google
stomatitis you may see information about PlaqueOff, and you may wish to try
it.  I don't know what it was about it that didn't agree with my hound, but
I do know how awful stomatitis is.  I hope you and your vet can give
Guinness the relief that he needs. Best of luck to you.