[Dailydrool] Horse Flies

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at comcast.net
Tue Jul 3 13:31:15 PDT 2018

Making the assumption they are pretty much like regular flies but bigger and meaner--there are fly traps that work great. Basically a heavy plastic bag with attractant in it. You add water and hang from a tree or in a barn or whatever. Flies go in, can't get out, and drown. They also have them for wasps (we had a ground nest and Bosley kept trying to get them--it was ugly.)

The fly one smells pretty bad, wasp one not at all. I used both at a pond where I feed feral cats. Both are non toxic to animals and if you don't mind a bag of dead insects last pretty much all summer. I hang mine in a tree where I can't really see it unless I check intentionally.

Carried by many stores. And they close them out in the fall. I bought 5 last fall at 1/3 the summer price. Don't activate until you add the water, so hopefully will last a few years.

Marilyn Briggs

marbriggs at comcast.net