[Dailydrool] My Big Fat Greek Family

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 9 01:11:03 PDT 2018

Hi everyone, especially Baloo. This is Clara,
I have woofed with my cousins Honoria and Nemesis and they are really looking forward to seeing us next month.
I have asked Honoria to book a wedding venue, she's a German Shepherd, so very organised and efficient. But, I'm not sure we're going to be needing it from all the confusing posts flying around. However, it will also make an excellent party venue, so wedding or not, it won't go to waste.
Nemesis, who Uncle Robert, is not a Chihauhau or a c at t, but mostly black Labrador, is organising wine from the mountains and discussing menus with Uncle Yiannis. Despite her name she is friends with many people in useful places.
Now, I know this is a bit contentious, but there is someone else I should mention, Honoria's very best friend in all the world - Spider. But there's a whiff of family scandal to this story, so please keep it to yourselves.
Now, you have to understand that Greek villages tend to be very traditional. Marriages are still arranged and dowries paid. Any suggestion that a girl isn't all she should be, puts her chances for marriage firmly on the shelf, along with those of any sisters, cousins, second cousins - you get the picture.
A few years ago Nemesis, well, she, erm....well anyway much to my aunt's surprise Nemesis presented her with 12 puppies. I thought my uncle was going to die of shame. Anyway, it was largely hushed up, but while her family was small, a very young stray kitten found this warm, snuggly family and moved in. He grew up not really understanding he was a c at t and indeed calling him Spider probably didn't help with that.
So Spider adopted the family and when the puppies grew up and left home, Spider stayed. Then Honoria arrived as a puppy and Spider adopted her and, well the result is a very odd, but very committed friendship.
So, now you know about our most immediate family - and please boys do not get the wrong idea about Nemesis, she is definitely NOT up for a good time. She says all that is behind her.
Clara, with Rolph and Sally, UK