[Dailydrool] Old dogs...

Sandi Scranton njmedic702 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 16:57:04 PDT 2018

Sally - It's hard to watch our sweet hounds age, isn't it?  My Delilah
Belle is edging toward 14.  Overall, she is healthy, albeit slower than she
used to be and her hearing isn't as good either. She's been blind from
glaucoma for about a year and a half now but despite this, has adjusted
well to getting around "by snooter" as opposed to seeing where she is
going.  And her snooter is working just fine, thank you!  She has a large
lipoma on her left shoulder but because of her age we are opting to just
let it be since it isn't impairing her mobility.  She also got a few other
lumps and bumps; she's always been my lumpy, bumpy girl in large part
secondary to her oily coat.  To that end she is getting a bath tomorrow.
She has a touch of arthritis in one hip so I give her turmeric in the form
of Golden Paste in her dinner every night plus some greenie beans and a
spoonful of pumpkin.  She eats well most days and never turns down a bit of
this or that when I am eating. Overall she's in good shape for the shape
she's in, LOL.

Yes, she has slowed down and I know she won't be with me forever, but I
trust her to let me know when she is no longer wishing to be here.  I think
Rolph will absolutely let you know as well.  You are an astute, loving mom
so you will get his message when he is ready.

Love and hugs from across the pond,
Sandi and Miss Delilah Belle