[Dailydrool] Pacific Basset Feet

Kathy Wilson kmwlaw at cox.net
Thu Jul 19 15:12:22 PDT 2018

The recent thread about the Pacific Basset Feet brought back some great
memories of so many who served and have left us for reassignment at the
Bridge.  I hope we can have another gathering of the new generation like
that one of these days.  I still have several of the great notecards Chris
made for us showing the Feet members in all their various stations - what
fun!

In the spirit of stories about the young pups, I will share a recent
playdate between Tallulah, my eight month old, and Nanna, a five month old
Newfie.  The dogs were having a great time at Nanna's house, where there is
a swimming pool with a mechanical cover attached on all sides.  Nanna and
Tallulah were chasing each other around the yard when Tallulah decided to
take a short cut across the pool.  She ran onto the cover, which started to
sway with the waves she'd created.  She stopped, looked around, and decided
this was way more fun than chasing Nanna, so she proceeded to roll onto her
back and bounce along with the waves she was making.  I was in a panic that
she'd rip the cover and end up in the deep end, but the owners assured me
the cover was "dog guaranteed for safety" and I guess we put it to the test.
Oddly, Tallulah's not been invited back for another playdate..

Slurps to all those in need, and whom we've come to love over the years,
including Millie, Morse, Rolf, Clara, and so many other standard-bearers of
the Drool.  Healing drool and comfort to all,

Kathy Wilson and Tallulah

kmwlaw at cox.net