[Dailydrool] word from the Bridge

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 20 20:02:10 PDT 2018

There is a type of bird here in Hawaii called a Brazilian cardinal.  it is a beautiful mid size bird with a white belly, gray wings, and a scarlet hooded head.  I do not see them often here where I live at an altitude of 1600feet on the Big Island of Hawaii.  they are more common at lower altitudes.

After Commander Bo of Hawaii, our first basset passed away, and when his brother, Harley, became ill with lymphoma, an unusual occurrence started.  A besutiful Brazilian cardinal began flying into our house through the open patio door and just “hanging out”.  the cardinal would sit on the back of a chair or on the fireplace hearth and sit for up to an hour before flying out the door again.  many people saw and remarked on the bird.  It was not tame—did not want to be approached by people—nor did it Want seed, which we offered.  (I had wondered if it had been a hand raised domestic bird at one time).  but  it just “hung out”.  After Harley died, the cardinal did not come around anymore.  then one day I saw two Brazilian cardinals on the fence.  When I came outside, they lingered a bit and then flew away.  I had an odd  gut feeling sense they were connected to my basset boys and felt a sense of peace.  I am not a  particularly religiously oriented person who interprets signs beyond the here and now ( I am Quaker), but I started looking on line after the cardinals’ appearances and discovered that some folks believe that cardinals can be sent as messengers spiritually  (from the Bridge) (but only if the birds’  behavior is really very unusual and out of character might this be suspected).  Made me smile.  like Commander Bo was waiting on his brother back when and then saying everything was all right afterwards.

i haven’t spotted a Brazilian cardinal up here for several years until today when there was one briefly on our lawn.  i chirped out “Hi, Bo!”  the last few days folks have been writing about the Pacific Basset Feet, and it felt to me that Bo was saluting everyone.  Not forgotten.  Him or us.

Yes, I might be crazy, probably am, but not committable yet, and it gave me a warm, loving feeling.  can’t beat that.  semper fido, everyone.  Val