[Dailydrool] Acl 11year old dog

Dale dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 31 18:59:22 PDT 2018

Hi it’s dale

Been down this road a few times.  Did lab rescue for many years, this is a common injury.

Basically if it was a 3 year old dog I’d be more inclined.  Data I have says 11 year old dog has basically the same recovery after 6 weeks of crate rest REGARDLESS of if surgery is performed or not

The 6 weeks of crate rest is hard. People are more likely to enforce it if they have spent thousands on surgery. I’d rest the dog and skip the surgery.  My experience says she will do ok

Fair warning I am not a vet and my advice is worth what you paid for it

Dale

Sent from my iPad