[Dailydrool] Life on the Farm (and at the Vets)

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 16:44:47 PDT 2018

Gallagher is heading to the vet tomorrow to deal with his bad “toe bone”.  They had no openings until tomorrow.  It looks ok, but he is definitely not walking right (or even wanting to walk).  I thank everyone for their suggestions.  (Pain meds definitely help.)
This will be a busy week for us at the Vets.   Wednesday we go in for Guinness’s blood work and then Thursday for his dental surgery.  He is having 1 more quarter of teeth extracted due to (auto-immune) Stomatitis.  He’ll have a few days of canned food and then we’ll mix in his dry food to go back to normal.  No more marrow bones or hard chews for him EVER.  This breaks my heart.  While the vet wanted to set up this surgery a few weeks after the last one (in February), we wanted him to enjoy his teeth as long as possible.  I promised the vet that we’d schedule surgery as soon as the ulcers came back (they hadn’t been on this side of his mouth).  He had over two months of no pain, but when it came back and I called there was a month wait for surgery.  We’ve got him on pain meds when he needs it.  This time I’ll set up the surgery appointment quickly.  We’re hoping he’ll get to keep his front teeth.
Meanwhile the girls, MacKenzie and Mulligan, enjoy good health and long walks.
Julie.a.canny at gmail.com

Sent from my iPad