[Dailydrool] Chewable flea & tick control

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Tue Jun 26 18:22:36 PDT 2018

I use Sentinel.

Its heartworm and prevents flea eggs from maturing, but does nothing for "the active fleas" nor ticks.

To control fleas & ticks, I keep the dogs away from other infestation spots (1) and this year we've taken a new tactic on the Ticks-n-things .. we are spreading a worm-i-cide called Sevin.  At the right concentrations it nix's ticks.  So for us, the primary application is the side, front and rear of our property.. we didn't spread any in the fenced area, and we've seen a dramatic decrease in ticks in just 4 weeks.

We have deer like you wouldn't believe around here.. and thankfully also don't have a small plot .. so we can spread this stuff in 6 ft wide areas outside the fence which gets them bugs before they get in.. without being too near a neighbor.

It’s a little pricey .. but I think its worth it.  I don't have to get it close to the dogs, and I don't have to put yet another thing *on* them.

-Robert