[Dailydrool] Reasons for rehoming bassets

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 4 20:27:51 PST 2018

Aloha all.  It feels to me like I’ve been away too long from the Drool, though it has probably only been a month or so, attention having been diverted and overcrowded by a plethora of pestilences: events I was coordinating, out of town guests, flu bugs and similar inconveniences. Now I am back.

First of all, I’m so sad by the departures to the Bridge of well loved hounds, and illnesses of others. Mortality is heart-breaking.  My love to you all.

And the slightest bit of levity.  I just placed a beautiful basset boy in need of a new home here in Hawaii.  Reason for rehoming:  “He was breaking the chihuahuas”.

Explanation:  someone moved away from the islands and left their basset with a family member who intended to adopt the basset.  the basset is a big boy—a 70 pounder.  the adopting relative had a pack of elderly chihuahuas.  the new basset addition wanted to play with the chihuahuas and kept jumping on them and smashing them, with resultant injuries, so the basset boy had to move on.  He found a good new home.

Although the basset’s accidentally injuring the chihuahuas isn’t really funny, I recognize that—somehow the written description of why the basset needed rehoming of “he was breaking the chihuahuas” cracked me up.

I am sure Mariah the Maraudah or her pals will check in soon.

Val Brewer of Hawaii, with Mila, Maria, and Ipo