[Dailydrool] Update on Bugsey

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 05:55:18 PST 2018

Well, we went down to Auburn again on Thursday. They did thoracic x-rays,
abdominal x-rays, abdominal ultrasound and a ton of blood work for
infectious diseases. The good news is the neuromuscular vet was afraid it
was cancer. It is not. He did have one inflamed lymph node near his stomach
and small intestine. It is commonly inflamed in dogs with IBS. Any of you
who have followed the trials and tribulations of Bugsey know he has an
ultra sensitive stomach. As a matter of fact he threw up all over the place
on Monday. Now we wait. Hopefully we will have results back on all the
blood work on Thursday or Friday. Meanwhile he is having more difficulty
with chewing, not regular food, but treats. I looked at his teeth and he
definitely has gingivitis and dinosaur breath. So, we are going to the
regular vet today to see what he has to say. In case you are wondering,
they totally changed the plan on us on Thursday. The neurologist had felt
that Bugsey had severe atrophy of the muscles and somehow I had missed the
stage of the disease where Bugsey's head would be inflamed and sore. The
neuromuscular vet says the atrophy is mild and there is no way I would have
missed the inflamed stage if I noticed the atrophy. So I am calmer about
the waiting stage as well. Bugsey had a different student and resident this
time. They both went on and on about how sweet and cooperative he was. The
resident commended us on keeping him at an excellent weight. She said he is
the first basset she has ever seen at the perfect weight. He was also a
champ while having his x-rays and ultrasound done. I thought he would be.
The boy is a vet tech's dream. He lays still.

Meanwhile we are praying and drooling for Johnny, and the people for Boe
and Rooney, and any one else that needs it.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess