[Dailydrool] Necessary Commands

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 14:57:45 PST 2018

Out of the kitchen (Ginger knows this well).

All done (mainly for Ginger's benefit so she knows we're done handing out
treats).

Quick, quick is Suzy's signal to pee (my fault. She had her leg surgically
broken in the winter when she was young and, for ten weeks, I had to take
her out on a leash so I would tell her quick, quick because I was
freezing!).

Let's potty for everyone else.

Wait (they all had to learn that! They kept trying to blow by me to get out
of the car so now they all know wait).

I have given up on thinking that any of the four are going to come when
they're called unless they're given the right motivation like the word
cookie mentioned in the same sentence when they're barking their heads off
outside. Fortunately, they're true companion hounds and are generally
pretty close to wherever I am in the house. We have never been interested
in actually seriously training our hounds which is a good thing because I
doubt they'd be very receptive to that. They seem to think that WE'RE the
ones who should be trained!

Get well and heart healing drool to all in need.

Jane, Toby & the Houndettes
Shadow, Suzy & Ginger