[Dailydrool] Rolph has turned nocturnal

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 14 04:16:21 PDT 2018

For all his many challenges, my fluffy bad boy Rolph has always been a good sleeper at night. He sleeps on a bed beside mine, as he has for the 11 years he's lived with me. It is extremely unusual for him to stir. In fact, even when Clara (who chooses to sleep on the sofa) comes bouncing in at 6am, he ignores her. It is only the call of breakfast which will raise him from his snooze.
The few occasions he has got up and paced around at night has always meant he has a sore tummy and is usually accompanied by...... well, I don't need to go there, but you get my drift.
So, two weeks ago he started seeing a vet who has performed cold, or low level, laser on his back. She also used acupuncture the first time and chiropractic treatment the second. This is the only change to his routine. All walks, food, treats etc have remained as they have always been.
Sometime in the first week after seeing the vet (and this might be completely irrelevant, I only mention it as the only change), he woke up and was pacing the floor at 3am. Fearing an explosion I let him outside. Usually, he would do his stuff and head back in immediately, but it was about 3.40am before I could coax him inside. The next night he went back to normal.
This week, however, he has woken up every night at any time between 3 and 5am. He refuses to come back in and because I can't sleep while he's outside, I've ended up on several occasions going to find him after, say, 30 minutes, and he has reluctantly accompanied me back inside. It is not warm in the UK at the moment. The first time he did this it was snowing. Another time I found him lying quite happily in the rain.
Just to add to the confusion, on every occasion he has pooped in the house after returning inside. And it's normal poop. He is also eating well and wanting his walks.
Because of his back problems pooping accidents in the house are quite common now, but not normally after he's just been outside.
I am not good at sleeping at the best of times, so this is really playing havoc with my ability to get enough rest. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on? In all other respects he is absolutely normal for Rolph.
Love and drool to all who need it.
Sleepless in the UK, with Rolph and Clara
PS Snoopy and Gracie, we have your Momperson. She is safe. We will keep her that way. For a price...Rolph.Snoopy, we have your momperson
Snoopy, we have your momperson