[Dailydrool] IBD article

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 13:52:15 PDT 2018

https://nextgendogs.com/IBD-in-dogs/

I think this is a good overview of IBD in dogs.  It does not, however, mention Budesonide, a better medicine alternative than Prednisone for IBD, which I think dates the article a little.  But it does talk about diet.  The article also notes that the causes may be an interaction between a genetic sensitivity to a particular bacteria and that specific bacteria, which would argue in favor of Metronidazole being an important part of the meds. Regimen in addition to Budesonide and a gentle diet.   it also points out again the differences between IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and IBD (inflammatory bowel disease).

Val Brewer