[Dailydrool] Edgar

Terry Pettett tmpettett at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 15:31:48 PDT 2018

A little late in posting about our Edgar, the King. Some of you might remember he had an eye removed last Jan. 8th. Soon after his rhinitis seemed to really flare up! One day he was having a laser treatment on his hips, when we mentioned to the vet tech (a GOOD one) to which she quickly summoned the Vet, who, not our regular vet, checked his teeth over. She said he has some things going on, and needed x rays. Following Friday he was scheduled, night before, Vet called and ask if we could hold off, ass an emergency came into the office Thursday evening, and would require surgery Friday. We re-scheduled for Monday with a more experienced Vet. Seems Edgar had 6 teeth and pockets of infection under them. The Vet removed the problem teeth, and he has been on anibiotics (strong) since then. He is doing better(we don`t say great, cause it jinxs him,so my wife says) Our regular Vet is back from Antarctica, so next week he will see her for a recheck! So between the dental in December, eye removal in January,and this latest dental last week, our big boy has had a ruff winter! He will soon be 12 yrs old! Being both my wife and I are retired, we can relate to getting older and medical issues! Don`t ever give up!!! Rhinitis is manageable our vet says, but still it has got to be a pain for Edgar!
Terry, MaryAnn & Edgar, the King