[Dailydrool] Furever Yours Pet Crematory

Elizabeth linktolindsey at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 13:57:05 PDT 2018

Congratulations on your new endeavor, Wen! Reading about the plans you have for your new pet crematorium made me think of the two I’m familiar with in Nashville, TN.

The first one is where I took our late Jane and then, twelve years later, her worthy successor, our Elsinore. While they offer pick-up services, they were fine with me providing my own hearse services. Even better, they let me watch them put the bodies of my old friends into the crematorium. I needed that. When I picked up Jane’s ashes, they were still warm in their porcelain urn, so I drove home with tears rolling down my cheeks.

The second one I’ve only visited but not used due to scheduling difficulties. What I remember most about this one is that it invited people to write a memorial to their recently deceased pet (or draw a picture of them) right on the walls in the waiting area. One wall was dedicated to K-9 officers, a gesture I especially liked. There were some beautiful sentiments on those walls, and I could have stayed there all day reading them. I did wonder what the crematorium would do when it ran out of wall space, but I didn’t ask.

Elizabeth