[Dailydrool] Tape worms???

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 17:29:57 PDT 2018

A 250 acre farm in winter in NH is substantially different than our 1/2 acre lot in Southport NC.  It would appear that all 4 Bassets have 2 types of tape worms.  All are on de-worming meds.  I’m fairly sure that the culprit is the huge pile of manure that will be spread through the farm when the snow finally melts.  It could also be any variety of animal poo that the 4 of them find yummy.  So, what to do to prevent reoccurrence?  We’ve been walking them off leash.  (I really prefer a leash, but even on leash, great supervision is required.). We are thinking a muzzle of some kind - not the scary kind, but something that will prevent them from biting into “stuff”.  Thoughts???

Julie.a.canny at gmail.com

Sent from my iPad