[Dailydrool] commands

LOIS LEMA lemalois at verizon.net
Fri Mar 9 16:14:54 PST 2018

 we here at chez lema have some commands too.  sometimes it's the "touch that & die!" command..that's mostly for really good food that I don't want to particularly share at the moment....looking like you are moving to indeed "touch" it means you get threatened with a "trip to the little home for friendless animals!"  or "post" for when you are wound nicely around a tree..to get unwound.
seriously tho, Dexter's best command is "leave it" that he picked up during therapy dog class.  works for stuff on the floor, etc., but the absolute best thing is for staying away from and avoiding the drama of other dogs. ..regardless if they are in a therapy setting or out on the trail.  he calmly passes or waits off to the side in til the screaming, "but it's really friendly" hysterical nut job passes by us.  it's at that time I am most proud of him.
he is doing very well..we are to about 60 therapy dog visits so far and both he or I get recognized all over the place!  seriously, I was in a burger king about 45 miles away and someone recognized me.  in a town where I know no one!  he has a huge following at both his favorite sr home and hospital....which makes me smile.
on another note..a tiny orange kitty will be joining us shortly,  name not yet determined.  she is very cute and hopefully dexter won't be terrified of her.
the snow is just starting here..we missed out on the last big one totally which was ok..but I think it's like 4-8 or something for this one.  yea us!

anyway, that's the news from here
lois & dexter & a kitten to be named later