[Dailydrool] Bugsey

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Wed May 23 06:11:29 PDT 2018

I got all the kangaroo food and treats ordered. They came on Friday. On
Friday, the vet texted me to say his friend the dermatologist finally got
back with him and wanted Bugsey tested for Cushings. In mid April he had a
senior panel and it came back looking great. So I was confused, but
apparently they can have silent Cushings. So, I did as told and dropped off
urine on Monday morning. On Tuesday, I got the news that the tests came
back negative and to go ahead and start Bugsey on the kangaroo food. He ate
it last night and scarfed it down. Now to just keep our fingers crossed
that he doesn't have any problems with it!

Meanwhile, the mighty huntress, also known as Browyn the Fairy Princess
managed to catch and kill an adult chickadee. She wanted to bring it in the
house, but I convinced her to trade for yummy turkey hearts. Then
yesterday, I was getting all the pills ready and I had them all in turkey
hot dog slices (I guess I will have to figure out something else for
Bugsey) and the phone rang. It was on the same counter, but Beauford
managed to steal all three while I answered the phone. So I called the vet
office to see if 2 zyrtec, a claratin and a thyroid pill would hurt him.
probably not but he will be very tired. He took a great morning nap and was
back to normal! I guess I am going to have to be more diligent. But, I was
RIGHT there!

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess