[Dailydrool] How to Introduce two Dogs

Sally Russell sally at slokr.com
Fri Nov 9 11:25:22 PST 2018

We recently rescued a basset who had been living with a wonderful foster
family for 3 months.  Nellie is three years old, in good health but
obviously had been neglected for her first years of life, if not abused.
She is extremely timid and will often retreat to her crate.  Does not make
a sound even when our 4 year old rescue Shih Tzu, Sprite barks.

Neither Nellie or Sprite have even looked at one another since Nellie
arrived a few days ago; though neither has shown aggression towards the
other either.

Nellie has to learn to be loved as she will come up to you and then run
away.

We have never had a rescue basset (only ones from breeders) so this is new
to us.  We rescued Sprite three years ago but he was obviously never abused
and was affectionate from the start.

We want to do the best for both Nellie and Sprite.  Any suggestions will be
appreciated.

Sally Russell