[Dailydrool] Living in the shadow

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 17:35:53 PST 2018

Aloha all,

  This is Mariah.  Time I chimed in with an update.  It has come to my attention that my sisters and I are living in what was once the headquarters of the Pacific Basset Feet.  That  was before my time, though my navy dropout sister, Mila, remembers Commander Bo and Lewd-tenant Harley.  Well, back in the day the PBF was fighting the Rat-taliban. (Credits to Michelle Swartz for the name).

I wish to report that we are confronting renewed insurgence/incursions?/one of those in-words/ from the rat-taliban.  Although my notabasset sister Ipo and I missed the window to enlist in the PBF, I want to let everyone know that we are warriors committed to the cause of eradicating rodent invasions. Just about every night for the past week, in the middle of the night, we have chased invaders behind the desk, behind the refrigerator, underneath the bathroom vanities, with thunderous war cries which have awakened all humankind in our vicinity.

Our humans have yet to re-activate the rodent relocation program of old in which invaders were trapped in have-a-heart traps and deported to isolated fields in the wilderness, but I am told that is coming.

Although I lay no claim to being a military dog (unlike my predecessors, Commander  Bo and Lt. Harley-born in navy housing- and even my navy dropout sister Mila) I nonetheless bay “SEMPER FIDO !!!”

Mariah of Hawaii