[Dailydrool] Millie

ddropp at aol.com ddropp at aol.com
Tue Nov 6 16:41:42 PST 2018

My Millie was a very sweet hound.  She came to after I lost my Ben as an emergency turn in. As she fit all my wife's conditions, it took me  only an  hour to know  that she was here to stay.  She was 11 when she arrived.  She was such a sweet hound, that one could not help but to love her.  She did not  have accidents in the house, did not counter cruise or do anything else naughty.  After a few days, she firmly attached  herself to me and for 3 1/2 years, did not like  me to be gone.  She would howl if I were gone, along with drooling  copiously.  I remember when she went to the Michigan waddle, I had to keep  her in the car while we ate out  and when I would come back to the car, there was a regular puddle of drool on the car floor.  She would always greet me whenever I returned home. A year or so after she came, she stopped sleeping in the bedroom, but slept in our narrow bathroom,  which made it very hard to use the room at night.  She was truly a speed bump, that always settled down in front of the stove when ever my wife would be using it, much to my wife's dismay.  Unlike  most bassets, she never rolled on her  back for a belly rub.  She did not need me to pet her, just be in the room with her. She had one really annoying habit, and that was bothering me during Judge Judy to  go out and then eat.  Many times I would miss portions, as she was such a pest. For 2 1/2 years she needed help going down stairs and from January of this year until the day she passed, needed help walking, all which I did.  Even though it  was a pain at times, I truly miss having to do it.  She was truly the sweetest hound I have owned, and any new one will have immensely huge paws to fill.  Millie, I miss you tons, and always will think of how sweet and wonderful you were.
 Douglas Dropp(ddropp at aol.com) along with Millie,Pw. Charlie and Pw. Bennett, all ATB