[Dailydrool] Belly Bands

Elizabeth linktolindsey at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 04:40:30 PDT 2018

If people would send me the names of their favorite purveyors of belly bands, I would be most grateful and, hopefully, less sleep deprived as well.

Young Charlie seems to have arrived at the age of dribbling while he sleeps. He’ll wake up now and then to clean off his nebberminds. Lick lick lick lick lick. Slow, careful, languorous—and loud—licks. It wakes me up every time. It doesn’t help matters that I’m a light sleeper.

It’s especially annoying when he chooses to do this about half an hour before my alarm is set to go off. I’ve warned him that when a dog wakes me up for no good reason before I’m ready to wake up, I don’t wake up happy. But that’s clearly not deterrent enough to cleaning off his nebberminds whenever the mood strikes in the night, or early morning hours.

I checked the area in question this morning, and my sleepy eyes saw no signs of infection, swelling, or other concerns. But I did see evidence of dribbling on the bed pads he sleeps on on the bed.

So it appears to be belly-band time for Charlie. Now if I just knew where to find well-made ones. Does anyone know if any of the rescue groups are selling them?

Elizabeth