[Dailydrool] Not the Way to Start the Morning

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 05:54:59 PDT 2018

I woke up with a migraine this morning. So I was moving rather slow. My BIL
called for an update and I was still in bed. Well, you know how the bassets
can be. I had to get them up. So, I let everyone outside and I am still
talking on the phone. Beauford was back at the door in no time flat. That
really isn't abnormal for him. So, I let him in. Next thing I know, he spit
out a baby squirrel. And it was still breathing! That was a complete shock.
My guys usually don't bring me anything alive. I hung up with BIL and
picked up baby squirrel. I went to the garage where I have a huge
collection of shoe boxes. It turns out the croc boxes had holes in the
side. So I grabbed that and put the baby in there. Then I called the vet
because he is a licensed wildlife rehabber. They have a text in to him.
Meanwhile, the dogs are actually scheduled in this morning for a spa day. I
did a number on my knee. I have company I don't really know coming tomorrow
and I just didn't think I could handle washing the dogs and cleaning the
house. Wish the poor baby luck!

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn the Fairy Princess
P.S. The Fairy Princess went NUTS when she came in the house and her spot
on the couch smelled like squirrel and she couldn't find it!