[Dailydrool] Almost Heart Attack

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 06:31:58 PDT 2018

Hi All. Thursday Beauford had all his stitches taken out. Bugsey got to go
along for the ride because he was vomiting and regurgitating every where.
So, poor Beauford had to have a ton of stitches out. Unlike Bugsey, he
doesn't relax once he is on his back. He keeps struggling. He had 4
incisions that he had to be upside down to get to. Anyway. All the
incisions looked fantastic. Bugsey had an incredible amount of gas in his
GI tract and they took the fecal loop to him and green soup came out. So,
yes. He had diarrhea as well. He is now on flagyl, reglan and a powerful
probiotic. He also has to eat mashed potatoes, cottage cheese and yogurt
for 4 days. Which means he is wearing his snood at meal times.  Poor
Beauford has a ton of little scabs and flaky skin where they shaved him. I
had planned on giving him a nice bath with dandruff shampoo followed by a
conditioning shampoo. Well, that idea didn't last long. When I got him out
of his crate on Friday he had a gaping wound on his hip. The incision where
they took out the cyst that was causing all the problems had opened up
again! I was actually very calm. I really don't understand why I was so
calm. Anyway, I called the vet and they said to bring him in as soon as
possible and not to feed him breakfast. So, I did. For some unknown reason,
the subdermal stitches didn't hold or disolved too soon. Anyway, Beauford
had to go under anesthesia and they restitched the incision. The vet put in
two subdermal layers of stitches and we are leaving the stitches for two
weeks. I thought the swelling over that incision was bad before, but it is
much worse now. Beauford did fine and was home at 3:30 and demanding food.
Meanwhile, Bugsey is feeling better as well! Little Browyn the Fairy
Princess is right as rain.

Jennifer