[Dailydrool] Mouse in the house with hunting dogs

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 11:24:36 PDT 2018

We had an interesting night last night.  Two of my three dogs are hunting dogs. ipo, the notabasset, previously had a career as a hunting dog. Mariah has the skill in her blood. Mila is a couch potato. Last night we had some sort of critter in the house. I am guessing a mouse. Both Ipo and Mariah were in a frenzy trying to get at it. It seemed to have taken shelter behind Bill’s desk. both dogs were running around the desk, upturning chairs, pulling books off low shelves near the desk, and barking barking barking. And this went on without stop until they were pulled away physically. and then started up again as soon as they were released again. I finally resorted to locking them up in my bedroom with me to get some sleep. The two hunters slept pressed up against the door. Mila snoozed through it all on the bed, of course. i hope the mouse let itself out. This morning they have not taken up the chase again. But mice are nocturnal, I think, so who knows what lurks after dark tonight. sigh.

Val Brewer