[Dailydrool] pee pads

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 6 14:47:56 PDT 2018

Dale again,
Tons and tons of experience with this, most of us who foster do.  I've used pee pads successfully for this ..... if the dog has a spot they stubbornly go to I use those pee pads you can buy at the pet store .... place them directly over the spot the dog is using anyway then praise the dog for going on the pad.
If you are very patient you can move the pad .... little by little ...... to a more convenient spot.  With an older dog and no dog door I'd make sure to leave the pee pad available ..... you could move it off of the porch and into a more convenient spot for winter and she'd likely just continue to use it as always.  They are cheap, disposable and relatively odor free.
Good luck,Dale