[Dailydrool] this and that

Dossey, Gwen gdossey at te.com
Thu Apr 4 05:44:03 PDT 2019

Hey y'all!

I've been trying to catch up on the DD and was saddened to read that the archives were lost!  Because of the archives and the DD, when Shawn called me at work at 2am I *knew* Sadie Jean was bloating and was able to pull up the papers on bloat to bring with us to the emergency vets!  Unfortunately, we lost her that morning, but because of the DD archives, we didn't hesitate and we kept her from suffering, for which I am forever grateful!!

As for names, we used to name all of our bassets after old Raiders (all girls).  We had a (Jack)Tatum Gilda (after Gilda Radner), a Teddi (Ted Hendricks) Nicole, a Casper (Dave Casper) Dory (after the little blue fish that couldn't remember stuff) and a Madden (John Madden) Marie.  We originally were going to call her LaMonica after Daryl, but the more I tried to call her that, the less I liked it, so I named her Madden.  Her original name was Kahlua, but that just did NOT fit her at all!!  Sadie Jean came with her name and it SO fit her, that we left it alone!  8 years ago, we were losing our love for the Raiders, so Sasha had Millen (Matt Millen) for a middle name.  I'm not sure how Shawn thought of Sasha, but I gave her the middle name.  Our last 2 babies have no Raiders in their names at all!  They are Sundae (we picked her up from the airport on a Sunday) and Marshmallow came with her name (she was born just before thanksgiving 2017) and it so fits her, too!  These are the first of our girls that do not have middle names.  Not sure what happened there, but they are just Sundae and Marshmallow!

One last thing about arthritis in dogs - a friend told me that his holistic vet told him about putting ¼ teaspoon of Yucca Root Powder in their dinners every night, and within 2 weeks, both Teddi and Madden were getting up without moaning and groaning for the first time in months and they did not limp for the rest of their lives!!  We now give it to all the girls at least 3 nights a week (usually more) to keep arthritis at bay!!

Douglas - congratulations on your new baby!!  May you have many happy years together!!

Heart healing drool and hugs to all those that lost your babies and healing drool to all those in need!

~Gwen, Sasha, Sundae & Marshmallow~ (:>
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.