[Dailydrool] Athena

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 1 00:53:52 PDT 2019

Thank you all so much for the drool sent for Athena. So far, there is good news.
The large lump behind the rear mammory turned out to be a hernia. As it has caused her no problems and as a repair for that particular one is a high risk operation, the vet left it alone.
The other lumpy mammory  and lymph node have been removed and sent for testing, so fingers crossed there. The good news is an X-ray showed no spread, so if it is nasty, hopefully we got it in time.
The vet fixed the fistula and also cut back her very long nails, where the quick was almost down to the bottom, so I could not trim them back.
Apparently she showed her diva-ness. When I took her in, we put her in a normal kennel. By the time she'd had surgery she was transferred to the biggest kennel they had at the request of the head nurse, who despite being a cat person, clearly took a shine to her.
She is home and feeling utterly miserable, but she has managed to eat some chicken and rice and pee on the utility room floor twice!
Sally, with Athena, UK