[Dailydrool] Athena signing off

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 20 02:44:15 PDT 2019

Hello all my Drool friends. This is Athena.
So many things have happened in the past few days: First of all there was a fat woman in my kitchen about to have a puppy. The Woman then took her away. I was worried she'd taken her to the pound, but the next day she came back with her new puppy - it smelled all milky and was pretty ugly, but she seemed pleased.
Then we went to this place where there were loads and loads of basset hounds like me! I only saw bassets once before and one of them was noisy and frightened me, but all these guys were friendly and we all did fun things like catching sausages and walking around a square ring to get pretty ribbons just for being fabulous.
The Woman kept saying she was really proud of me as I was being very brave - especially when all the humans had food, because I wandered off and asked strange humans if I could help them out. There was one lady who came over and said I was very beautiful and reminded her of her own basset, Belle who was also a bit of a worry wort and that she was looking for a sister for Belle. The Woman explained I was a foster hound and this lady was so excited saying she had been watching me since I got there and she was sure I would be a good match. The Woman said the lady needed to think very hard, because I am very special.
Then, people who The Woman called friends came over (The Woman also placed a hound with them a few years ago). They said they could vouch for the lady as a very good basset owner. I liked the lady, because she didn't crowd me, but she knew exactly where I like to be scritched. And Belle came over too and we sort of sniffed each other when the other one wasn't looking and she smelled nice.
The Woman and my aunty Sue asked the lady lots and lots and lots of questions. Then they talked to each other a lot, then asked more questions.
Anyway, yesterday The Woman and aunty Sue put me in the car and we drove forever and ever, then when we got out of the car, the lady and Belle were there. We took a little walk together and went back to the lady's house and I had a good look around and the lady gave me lots of pets and treats and I was quite happy. So aunty Sue and The woman said this lady could be my forever mummy and Belle could be my sister. The Woman said she would miss me very much because I am so very special.
And get this, last night I slept on my forever mum's bed with her. I was quite happy with that. My new mum isn't on the Drool, so I must sign off now and thank you all for your support during my time as a foster.
Lots of snooters from Athena, who now lives by the seaside in the UK