[Dailydrool] rainy day bassets

Jacquelynn Chazey jchazey at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 04:58:39 PST 2019

Little Nana is neither deterred by cold, wind nor rain.  In fact, she finds
the scents more accessible on rainy days, and she lives to follow a scent.
She also love the gentle towel drying she gets when she comes in from the
outside.  I wonder if her time as a stray has something to due with this.

I gave her a big treat today.  Instead of keeping her gated downstairs, I
let her come up while I took a shower.  She is now resting in the "big" bed
right behind me as I type.

  I want to cook a big pot of spicy vegetable soup (for me), and her
plaintive cries stress me.  I watched her carefully as she climbed, and
likewise I will guide her down.  I am hoping to transition to sleeping
upstairs in the Spring.  Downstairs is much warmer in the winter, so I
might as well stay there for now.

  For two recent nights, she has gotten me up at  3 am, and then she
demands to share the twin bed for the next couple of hours.  We can manage,
but I am afraid of accidentally pushing her out, so this am, I refused to
let her up, so she whined until she finally got me out of bed again at 5
am.  She was very excited to claim "her" bed again!

I will be calling the vet soon to find out her recent blood test results.
The last two indicated she has very high triglycerides.  If it is high this
time, I feel I have no choice but to put her on medicine for it.  I have
been trying to keep her on a low fat diet, increase her exercise and added
omegas to her diet.  Four months of high prednisone and no exercise really
took a toll on her inners, but her back is stable.

Healing Drool to all in need,

Happy Howliday woofs from Nana and Jackie