[Dailydrool] Debbies Dawgs recap, $5 Friday

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Tue Dec 24 04:24:42 PST 2019

As this year comes to an end, we’ve been looking at what Debbies Dawgs
supporters  accomplished in 2019.  Our $5 Friday fundraisers alone brought
in $50,366 for 17 different rescues!  Our spur of the moment $2 Tuesdays
raised over $8000 and a generous donor sent us $4000 to be dispersed
among rescues in need. We sent 28 beds to seniors hounds from our
Diana’s Heavenly Beds for Seniors program, funded from memorial donations
for our great supporter, Diana Rothe. And we’ve sent countless packages to
senior hounds in foster care including everything from beds, blankets,
cookies, toys, joint supplements, food, ear wipes, eye drops and more.
Our supporters are steadfast and amazing - many have been with us from
day one and others have joined us along the way.

Yet, we know it’s not enough when rescues have such high numbers of
seniors - a couple of days ago I asked a question on our Facebook page.
How many seniors does your rescue have in foster care? While not every
rescue responded, the numbers were astounding. Several have 7 or 8 or
9; then there are those with 12, 17, 28, 35 and even 43. Many of these
will spend the rest of their lives in foster care which gives them a loving
home but is a drain on the rescue’s budget. We all know seniors are
expensive and we know that Debbie Winchester saw this need that
the rescues have.  Her generous heart led us to where we are now
and it’s a legacy we hope continues for a long time.

Don’t forget to “don’t stop believing” that you can help these hounds
we all love so much.  As much as I do not like some of the things
about FB, it does allow us to bring the rescue stories to life with pictures
and that makes a huge difference when it comes to fundraising. It’s one
thing to read about a hound that came into rescue but seeing that hound
in whatever condition it is in or seeing the relief on its sweet face, knowing
it is safe is priceless. Yes, they do know sometimes that they are safe now.

Even just being on the fringe of seeing what rescues do is amazing. How
these people do it every day is miraculous in my opinion.  There is a lot
that is heartbreaking and that you cannot unsee.

It’s the end of the year and a time of giving. If you have not yet made your
charitable donation, let me suggest you consider basset hound rescue. No
amount is too small; it all adds up.  If you don’t know how to donate to your
favorite rescue, you can donate to Debbies Dawgs and designate which
rescue you want it to go to and we will forward for you.  Our PayPal
address is debbiesdawgs at icloud.com and our mailing address is
Debbie’s Dawgs, 177 Mountain Vista Blvd. Canton GA 30115

$5 Friday is coming up quickly. Our January rescue is House of Puddles
who has 28 seniors, 17 of them residing with Marilyn Brazzle.  By the
way, she is looking for a foster home for a hound that needs to be the
only dog - he adores humans but other dogs, not so much. Donations
 for HOP will be accepted through Sunday, January 5th.  A good New
Years resolution would be to donate for the seniors every month.  Surely
we can all forego one visit to Starbuck’s a month and divert that money
to help an older basset hound get well so he can have a loving home.

Thanks for reading! Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, happy whatever
you celebrate.  Heres to a successful, happy and loving new year!

Donna, drool fueler for my 2 rescue seniors, Maggie and YaYa