[Dailydrool] Snoopy

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 22 11:06:52 PST 2019

Hi it's Dale,
Well, he's been crying and I don't do well when he cries.  He never ever cries, even when the pressure was up to 77 in the eye, which they tell me is as painful as having a limb severed.
When he was picket up yesterday he didn't want to eat, which can be expected as he was under (albeit for a short time).  Later in the evening though he started crying, he was also trembling and cool to the touch ....... so I gave him a tramadol and wrapped him in a blankie and rubbed and cuddled him until he felt warm.  I got him to eat most of his dinner over the course of 3 or 4 attempts.  Gave him his myriad of meds.  Lifted him into our bed.
Then around 4AM he woke us up crying again.  I didn't know if he was hungry because he didn't have breakfast and didn't finish dinner the day before, or the tramadol had worn off and he was in pain, or perhaps he needed to go potty.  So, I boosted him down, let him go potty, fed him (he ate a full breakfast) and gave him a tramadol.  And then boosted him back into our bed and wrapped him up in his blankie.  Between all of those (plus some cuddling) he relaxed, stopped crying and went back to sleep.
I am working from home.  Greg got him down around 10.  He is wandering around, inside, outside, drinking water.  He's seems sad, but he hasn't been crying.  I believe the eye hurts more now then it did when I brought him for the procedure.  The Dr says it takes 3-7 days for the pressure to drop.  We are still giving him meds for that.
Wish me luck.  My poor Snoopy.
Dale