[Dailydrool] Need more hounds

K. Green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 14:42:31 PST 2019

We've been down to one hound, Cowboy, since last April when Rupert passed.
It's been quite fine actually since I had the newborn to handle, but I
still catch myself referring to where I walk the hounds, or telling people
"Oh, we have bassets," when in reality we have a basset. So this year I
hope to find the right hound for our family. No rush, but I'm excited for
the possibility... Good with kids, senior dogs & cats. Our list of
requirements is a bit more needy than it used to be, but I have no doubt we
can find the right guy (or girl) eventually.

On a funny note about needing more hounds, we were at the vet last weekend
because Cowboy had a cyst burst recently and has been needing weekly
checkups. Anyway, the vet tech commented that he made her bassets look fat
and so naturally I inquired about her bassets. Turns out she has 7. An
entire litter of 10-year old siblings. She said her grandfather was a
breeder back in the day and his lifelong wish was to keep an entire litter
so they kept his last one, 10 years ago. I told her I'd love to have 7 and
she laughed in my face.

Anyway, happy almost Friday,
Kacy with Cowboy