[Dailydrool] This and that

Dale dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 13 08:25:13 PST 2019

Hi it’s dale

Drool to all in need.  Tim have you tried a buster block to distract him for a while when you leave, I had a behaviorist suggest that once and it really helped our sweet Maggie.

I’ve been really busy lately. Natalie started college in the fall, and with my youngest out  of the house I’ve been focusing on some career goals. I’m still doing my triathlon training, I got half a dozen races in last year of varying distances. As for running I’m afraid the 10k of more my distance these days and marathons are definitely a thing of the past

Not so for this little boy Chomper who waltzed into our home and our lives 2 weeks ago. Omg he has energy for days!  Right now I am sitting here tying this and I looked up and there are no dogs in here.  Snoopy and Chomper are in the living room on the couch, who needs me?  They are positively in love, I’m updating dalerutz.com once or twice a week so check back, it is a love fest

Chomper started out sleeping with Natalie who was home on winter break when he arrived. After a little more then a week she went back to school and Chomper moved into our bed with Snoopy. This week Greg is in Mexico on a fishing trip and it’s just me and the two dogs (and my oldest of course, but she works and goes to school and isn’t home much as a result). They are so stinking cute, you’d think they’ve been together all their lives. Chomper uses the dog door, has full run of the house, and is allowed on the furniture. He is a 4 year old basset who has lived here 2 weeks. No accidents, no chewing anything up, no barking to speak of, he is sweet..... I could go on and on.  He has been alone (with Snoopy of course) for a few hours at a time ... he cry’s when I leave and Snoopy chimes in with a soothing ahrooo.... which fades as I pull out of the driveway and they are fine when I get home.  Chompers  adoption contract is still sitting in the counter, I remember what happened the second I signed Gracie’s

Wish me luck,
Dale

Sent from my iPad