[Dailydrool] Euthinasia

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 14:21:29 PDT 2019

This is such a sad subject but something we all need to think about. It has
come up in my mind because I have gone with my kids to have their pets put
to sleep and, in both cases, it made me so grateful that I have the vet
that I have. In one instance, my daughter's vet didn't sedate her dog. She
was just given the medication to stop her heart. It hurt my heart to listen
to her gasp her last few breaths and it just seemed unnecessary to have it
be that difficult. My other daughter had to put her cat to sleep today.
They sedate like my vet does but they were so busy that the kitty started
waking up again and had to have more sedatives before he could be given the
final medication. Plus, during the time we were waiting in the room, people
were in and out, in and out, asking the same questions a couple different
times. The right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. We were
there for an hour and forty-five minutes. It was torture for my daughter
and her kids. The people were kind but thoughtless. I guess my point is,
know how your vet does things before you have to make one of the worst
decisions you might have to make for your beloved four legger. These two
different offices have made me very grateful for the vet we go to and how
he does things.

Heart healing and get well drool to all in need.

Jane, Toby & the Houndettes
Shadow & Suzy