[Dailydrool] From Athena

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 6 01:47:40 PDT 2019

I am afraid The Woman really doesn't cut it as a basset slave. She took me to the vet again and I have lost more than three pounds! Can you imagine? She is starving me and this proves it. Mind you, I have to admit I am a lot more comfortable. I hardly itch at all now and my beautiful fur is growing back. However, my mouth is still a little ouchy, so I have some more meds. Also, The Woman and the vet talked about a lump behind my mammary,  whatever that is, and getting funding from "The Charity" to do something called a biopsy.

We also went and met a lady called Auntie Sue. She had three dogs who look like me - but not as pretty. I didn't mind Abby and Molly, as they just ignored me after a quick sniff. Later, I met Winnie who tried to play with me. I was terrified and hid under a table. Then Uncle Terry had a sandwich. Now, I saw this sandwich first and I was maneuvering myself to be in the drop line, when Winnie came over. Well, I told her pretty quickly that I had seen it first!
Auntie Sue and The Woman were talking about my "future" and how I need to be an only dog, or with another very quiet, but confident hound. They were talking about an older owner who didn't have any mini monsters to frighten me. They also agreed I needed a bit longer to get better and to find out about the lump. So, it looks like I am stuck with The Woman for a bit longer. She's sort-of OK, but she keeps trying to teach me stuff, like peeing outside when it's raining, or not peeing in the house half an hour after I was asked to go outside - and sitting for treats (for peeing outside). I have been trying hard to train her too, but she is very stubborn. She will not share her dinner with me, or her lunch. She insists on giving me bits of fruit when I want pigs ears and last night, well, you won't believe this, she had pizza for dinner. She left HALF of it and put it out of my reach. I sat in the kitchen for hours, waiting for her to understand her error, but nope, it's still there this morning.
Absolute failure of a basset slave. Please send food parcels before I starve.
Athena, UK