[Dailydrool] fireworks

BRYAN MARTINEZ brymart at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 21 13:29:43 PDT 2019

My fairly recent rescue (March 27) Sam, who will turn 13 this year, has been very fearful of
fireworks. I’ve had one basset who got nervous and clingy when they were going off, but Sam
is like Odie……this is new in  my experience…..for almost all of July , right at dusk, Sam started
getting nervous about the firework noise. He’d pace restlessly back and forth, couldn’t  lay down
for more than a few minutes and constantly pants. I too was thinking he had some kind of
physical problem, but no…
Sorry as I was to hear about poor Odie’s problems , it   assuaged my fears , when I realized
that the residual fear of fireworks can indeed extend that long into the month.

Last night for the first time since late June , he slept through the night.

I do hope Odie gets better. It sounds to me like he hate the fireworks as much as my Sammie.