[Dailydrool] Eugene's dental--all went well

Georgia Powers georgiapowers at comcast.net
Tue Jun 4 14:37:55 PDT 2019

I want to thank everyone who gave me their opinions on having a dental done on our 13 year old Eugene. I truly appreciate everyone’s input. In the end I overcame my grave misgivings bc one of his teeth looked very bad to me and I didn’t want him to get an abscess. I also had a lengthy talk with our vet who again reviewed his bloodwork and gave me her assurances that he would do well.  But— I was truly a nervous wreck dropping him off and calling about updates. So much so that my husband thought I had gotten a
“crazy person’s discount” since the actual bill was less than the estimate since he thankfully didn’t need any extractions. Our vet adjusted the anesthesia protocol from his last dental when he was slow to recover and he was quite perky when we got him and has been fine today. Hopefully we will have him with us for many more years. I vow to brush his teeth each day because I truly couldn’t have been more nervous if it had been one of my daughters having a procedure!! Thanks again for all your input and advice—great to have this community.  Can’t believe I joined when we first got Eugene at 6 months and now I’m posting asking “senior dog” questions! I posted a picture of the post-dental perky Eugene on the FaceBook Day Basset Drool page.xoxo Georgia and Eugene with the clean teeth and fresh breath.