[Dailydrool] Nosework

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 05:23:27 PDT 2019

I don't know if anyone else has thought of doing nosework with a fearful
dog. But yesterday, when Horton and I visited the behaviorist for an annual
checkup, her trainer suggested this to me:

https://www.scentworkuniversity.com/

I have always wanted to do nosework with Horton the Very Fearful, but
having to be around strange people would simply shut him down. This looks
as if it would be the perfect solution. Reportedly, doing nosework can
improve a dog's view of himself, which is my main reason for wanting to try
it for Hortie.this out.

And of course this would also work for folks who do not have nosework
training nearby.
Pam, food slave and trainer for the Dashing Bassets