[Dailydrool] Mariah checking in

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 15 19:19:31 PDT 2019

ALOHA all,
  It has been awhile since I last checked in.  I apologize.  no real excuse except that the mom has been distracted and has not afforded me access to the I-Paw.
  And, also, not much to report here, alas.  Ipo Notabasset and I have escaped a couple of times when the gate has been left open by repair persons.  (We love these opportunities).  mom always finds us within a block of our house, but sometimes I have a newly harvested chicken in my mouth, much to the dismay of the guy two doors down who feeds feral chickens.
  mom was totally impressed last week when we turned into a pack of real hunting dogs.  she and dad took us out for our evening leash walk, and Mila Basset and I caught a scent of a highly trackable varmint (feral pig?), put our noses to the earth, our tails in the air, started baying and took off dragging the mom behind.  Ipo, the hunting “grabber” in Hawaiian parlance (the dog who grabs and subdues the wild hog while the hunters approach) was fast on our heels, head up, leaping, with Dad in tow.  we lost the scent about a block down our street in a wooded area.  wow, that was fun.  Our skills are under-utilized.  we could be really impressive with different humans.  sigh.  But the humans we’ve got give us biscuits and food and let us sleep on a heated waterbed, and love us, so I guess it is not TOO  awful a trade-off (Ipo and I were both feral for awhile so we appreciate small luxuries.)  Mila has always been pampered, but then she is domesticated and never takes the opportunities to escape and be wild like Ipo and I do.  I guess you don’t miss what you’ve never experienced.  Ipo and I enjoy relishing our wild sides while still living the domestic life.

Love you all, Mariah.