[Dailydrool] A Message for Athena

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 11:59:56 PDT 2019

First of all this is Merta Lou, Professional Lady Basset, Intrepid
Explorer, Journalist, and Defender of the Downtrodden and, Athena, YOU are
named after a Greek Goddess, a Houndiewoman of incredible power and
intelligence, who can turn mortals into-- well never mind that.

The point is, you will be fine. I have this on good authority. It takes
awhile. The most important thing to remember is this
YOU DID NOTHING WRONG
I didn't, either and one day the people I knew and had been around simply
handed the leash to someone I had never seen, shoveled me into a crate in a
dark Van next to this huge, hairy, monster black dog and off I went.
Here's the second thing to remember:
No Hound who writes to this Drool is in a bad place. Wherever you are and
with whomever they are good, caring people and will love and cherish you no
matter what. You can be as scared as you want but she isn't going to stop
feeding you, petting you, giving you A comfy place to sleep, and protecting
you.
So be as scared as you need to be for now and be assured, this new place is
a good place to be. Don't hurry. You'll see. It took me awhile, too.
(PS
Athena: *goddess* of wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilization, law and
justice, strategic warfare, mathematics, strength, strategy, the arts,
crafts, and skill.)
You Go, Girl!!

Love and Strength from Merta Lou